Since its founding, Tsclex has assisted clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings on key issues in the areas of corporate and commercial law and has also advised companies and private equity funds in various kinds of operations such as mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures as well in drafting commercial agreements.
The firm assists clients in issues that may arise between the administrative bodies of the company and its shareholders, conflicts between majority and minority shareholders, as well as in issues of divergences arising in the interpretation of shareholders' agreements or mismanagement cases.
- Defending the CEO of a leading textile manufacturing company accused of self dealing;
- Challenging the annual return accounts of a major financial company accused of fraud;
- Defending the CEO of a real estate company from charges of violating an anti competition clause.
We are specialized in operations such as the acquisition of a company’s equity, spin-offs, leveraged buyouts, setting up of joint-venture companies, investment contracts and mergers, as we contributed to both national and international closings in which we played a key role. We assist clients in matters regarding the acquisition of business units, in both national and international deals.
- The sale of a company in the field of private security to a private equity fund for a total value of 110 million euros;
- Assisting the Italian branch of a leading American group specialized in the production of glass bottles in the acquisition of the second European player. The total value of the transaction amounted to EUR 1.6 billion, including the assumption of debt;
- The acquisition of a leading company specialized in the production of special glasses. The total value of the transaction amounted to 128 million Euro.
The signature of an international agreement is often a delicate operation which requires drafting and negotiation skills.
The firm is engaged in assisting clients for the drafting of international trade agreements as distribution contracts, international sales, international agency contracts, franchising and other trade agreements which allow the client to penetrate international markets.
- Negotiation of an international distribution agreement for a leading company in the production of special glasses;
- Drafting and negotiating several international distribution agreements for a leading tobacco company;
- Negotiating an international distribution agreement for a leading shoe company for the international markets.
The insolvency practice of the firm regularly represents clients in complex company crisis issues.
Tsclex has gained a significant experience on national and international bankruptcy matters offering support in different phases of a business crisis.