The firm offers a wide range of services in the art world. We draft agreements for galleries, curators and artists advising them in the protection of rights related to the visual arts.
We protect copyright and related rights for photographers, painters, and sculptors in drafting and negotiating sales contracts, commission agreements, consignment agreements with auction houses, dealers and galleries.
Among the art-specific issues we regularly advise on or have litigated are:
- Art dealers’ duties and rights
- Artists’ estates and foundations
- Authenticity disputes
- Consignment agreements
- Copyrights in works of art and reproductions of works of art
- Defamation and product defamation concerning works of art and their provenance
- Droit moral and droit de suite
- Gifts, acquisitions, dispositions and loans
- Internet sites concerning art and art sales
- Joint ownership of works of art
- Loans of artwork to museums and exhibition agreements
- Lost and stolen works of art
- Misappropriation of artwork and design
- New media agreements.