Our lawyers have an extensive IP experience specifically focused on the enforcement of trademark, patent and design rights. Our IP litigation practice ranges from the granting of temporary restraining orders to trials in front of national courts as well as in front of EU jurisdictions.
We have gained significant experience in negotiating and drafting technology transfer agreements and licensing contracts, franchising or similar, by assisting our clients in the related litigation actions.
The firm also advises clients in setting up strategies for adequately protecting confidential know how or trade secrets with a focus on the protection of business data.
We are members to various international associations in the field of intellectual property like the INTA (International Trademark Association) and the AIPPI (Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle) .
The firm has years of experience in the field of trademark law having represented some of the most famous international brands by working with owners in all sectors, from fashion, to tobacco and consumer products.
Since our founding we have placed particular care in setting up strategies for the protection of fashion and design startup brands.
Tsclex also provides trademark research and national and international filing services through a vast network of worldwide corresponding trademark firms.
- Preparing an action plan to defend the brand name of a famous European car producer against attempts of illegal exploitation of its trademark
- Defending the trademark of leading tobacco producer formerly owned by the State monopolies
- Defending the Italian subsidiary of an American multinational food and beverage in a dispute relating the use of a trademark by an Italian food company
- Defending a famous brand of a company active in the field of casual wear before the European Court of Justice
- Launching a series of actions to help restore the domain names of a major Italian Trade Fair Organization against various attempts to domain grabbing
- Managing the global brand portfolio of a major Italian tobacco producer.
The firm has been involved in numerous patent lawsuits in the mechanical engineering, electronic, pharmaceutical and biotechnology fields.
Our lawyers have gained a significant experience in the licensing field by assisting clients in the commercial exploitation of their inventions into new markets.
- Defending an Israeli company in a patent litigation against a major pharmaceutical European competitor
- Assisting an Italian engineering company in various of patent disputes against German and Italian competitor
- Assisting an American multinational pharmaceutical company on the matter of the Galenic exception.
The protection of know-how is particularly important for protecting intangible assets of those companies that invest significantly in research and development and for which patent protection is not applicable. Our lawyers have a significant experience in drafting agreements for the protection of know-how and trade secrets in all types of contracts and commercial transactions, as well as drafting confidentiality clauses, which are part of major international contracts. We have handled litigation cases at all levels in relation to unlawful appropriation of trade secrets and know how under Italian Law.
- The firm was appointed by one of the largest Italian steel companies to draft a regulation of internal conduct concerning the Company's protection of know how.